National Designated Authority (NDA) / Focal Pointfor interaction with Green Climate Fund
Mongolia’s National Designated Authority (NDA) to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) is appointed, recalled and replaced by the Government of Mongolia. The NDA will complete the following roles and responsibilities:
- Recommend funding proposals to the GCF Board in the context of Mongolian climate change strategies and plans, including through consultation processes;
- Facilitate the communication of nominations of entities to the GCF;
- Seek to ensure consistency of funding proposals from national, subnational, regional and international intermediaries and implementing entities with national plans and strategies;
- Implement the GCF no-objection procedure; and
- Act as the focal point for communication with the GCF.
The work of the NDA will also be guided by relevant guidelines for NDAs published by the GCF, as well as additional responsibilities that were, or will be given to NDAs through GCF Board decisions.
Mongolia’s NDA structure
The NDA will establish a secretariat, hereinafter referred to as “the NDA Secretariat”. The NDA Secretariat will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the NDA function as instructed by the NDA. The NDA Secretariat shall have the following functions to support the work of the NDA:
- Implement coordination policies including responsibility for communication with both GCF and the country stakeholders, logistics of CCG and CSC, advocacy material elaboration and distribution organization and maintenance of a bilingual NDA website etc.
- Implement GCF project cycle and No-Objection procedures;
- Implement GCF Country Programming procedures including project pipeline update.
MInistry of Environment and Tourism
Dr. BATJARGAL ZAMBA
National Focal Point for UNFCCC, IPCC and GCF, Chief Scientific Advisor for the CCPIU
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
Work: +976 7000 0743
Address: Environment and Climate Fund (ECF),Margad Center, 8th khoroo, Student Street, Sukhbaatar District, Ulaanbaatar-14191, Mongolia